Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa...




kenya1

So in the middle of my ark building activities and constant questioning, I've been really wondering.

"Am I really hearing God's voice?"

"Is He hearing me?"

"Can you hear me, Lord?"

"Can ya?"

I explain my reasons for doubting, "Well that doesn't make any sense."
Immediately back, "My ways are higher than your ways. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge me and I will direct you your paths."

I have to provide for my family.
"I am your provider."

It can be very scary charting unknown territories.
"My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

I'm still scared.
"Fear not. I am with you."

But, I don't know what I'm suppose to be doing right now.
"Be still and know that I am God. Just trust. I will give you rest."

But I feel like I should be doing something.

I struggle with resting. I really do.

I'm a doer.

So I I've been trying to just seek and rest in peace.

Well, not that kind of RIP.

I've also been sleeping a little later than usually and feeling pretty guilty about it.

Also, I'm really having to force myself to not move in, 'make something happen,' mode.

That's what I usually do.

I try to fix it or figure it out myself with logical thinking.

Resting right now is okay?? Really?

So when I pray, "What do you want me to do today Lord?" and he replies back, "Do whatever you want. But do it with excellence."

It raises the bar on scrubbing the bathtub.

Or getting along with my family.

Or people who were probably well meaning with words, but to hear them out loud in my ears, they just sounded mean.

Some topics still sting.

Substantially.

"Can ya hear me Lord? Can ya see me?"

"Can ya?"

And then He told me he could.

From Kenya.

"It's the song of the redeemed, rising from the African plains."

He reigns.

After hearing more things I didn't want to hear and wiping away the twenty million thousandth tear, I decided to let it go and just be excellent.

These are the situations when we are called to just shake off the dust, get on with the day and go through the mail.

In God's perfect timing, I received minutes later, a  heartfelt letter of thanks from my Child Fund sponsored child.

My sweet Syprian is three years old.

Her mother Lilian took the time to write a letter and send her thanks for a card I sent a while back.
She wanted to let me know they are doing well and praying for my family as well.

She included in her letter a picture that Syprian had drawn for me.

I'm crying as I type this because God is just so always totally blowing me away with His awesomeness!

He is the creator of heaven and earth, the alpha, the omega...the one who set the moon and the stars and told the ocean where to stop..and still, still....takes the time to position people in Africa to send a perfect message at the perfect time.

Just for me.

Next to Syprian's adorable pencil drawing were the words, handwritten by her mother,

"Baby Sleeping."

"He makes me lie down in green pastures and plants me beside still waters."

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Africa! Are you kidding me?

Kenya?

" I can."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!