Thursday, August 8, 2013

You're a Glitch Girl...And You've Gone Too Far...

(courtesy of deviantart)

Vanellope von Schweetz: [after a trial run] So how'd I do?

Wreck-It Ralph: Uh... well, you almost blew up the whole mountain...

Vanellope von Schweetz: Right, right. That's a good note.

Sometimes it takes a cartoon character to lead us to a breakthrough.

For me, the lesson came in the form of spunky and spectacular, Vanellope von Schweetz in the movie, Wreck it Ralph.

During one of our neighborhood nights out, we set up the big screen  borrowed from Oak Hills Church, and had a great night with friends and family watching it by the pool.

I was completely enveloped by Vanellope.

Her story is my story.

And maybe yours too?

"Everyone here thinks I'm a mistake," she told Ralph.
And I understand that feeling.

And I know it's not true.

Deep down, Vanellope knew she was a racer.

And she believed she was a winner.

Despite the fact that she occasionally, "glitched," she knew she wasn't a Glitch.

King Candy: If Vanellope races, Ralph, she'll be in the game roster. When that happens, anyone who plays her in the game will see she's a glitch. We'll be put out of order for good.
And then Ralph sold her out.

I hated that part the most.

"I'm not a Glitch! I just have Pixlexia!"

Vanellope was very much aware of her issues, but she didn't focus on them. She focused on crossing the finish line.

She knew those issues didn't define her and she also knew she wasn't like the other Sugar Rush girls.

She was created different.

And unique.

Aren't we all just a bunch of characters who glitch on occasion?

I glitch this way, you glitch that way.

Give me grace for my glitching, I'll give you some back.

Horrifically, my daughters interrupted the last 10 minutes of the movie and I was devastated.
I just had to know what happened to that little girl!

So, a few days later, I solo rented it on U-Verse...with no one else home, and bawled my eyes out.

I determined to not let my glitching define me as a person, but instead, allow me to recognize and reboot in the places I keep short circuiting.

Fix it Felix can't do it.

Only my creator can fix those glitches.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

Sometimes I struggle to see the finish line or the prize.
And solely focus on the lies.

You are a mistake.

You are A Glitch.

No. I'm not.

I was created in the image of God.

Set apart for a purpose.

"Our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
                                                                                                                                            - Walt Disney

Keep Calm and Glitch On Girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!