Friday, November 4, 2011

I love Mr. Green Jeans!!

The Thing Is…

I totally believe that God desires good things for his children. I believe that he truly cares about the smallest details of our lives.

A few weeks ago I went in to visit Lisa at her fabulous boutique just off the square called, “The Thing Is”….I immediately honed in on an awesome pair of pants…just the kind I had been saying I wanted!

Olive Green. African orphan village, mission type pants.

Okay, maybe just mowing the lawn or going to Super S to buy groceries pants. But still.

They were exactly what I wanted!

“Those are Not Your Daughters Jeans,” Lisa said.

Smartly I replied, “Really? You know those girls. ALL of my stuff eventually becomes my daughters’!”

“Ha! That’s the name of them. They’re awesome. You should try a pair on.”

I looked at the price tag.

$89.00.

Seriously? $89.00?

I made a scrunched up nose face.

“Yeah girl, I’m not on an $89.00 pair of pants budget right now.”

“Just try ‘em on! For fun!”

Mary Eckert chimed in, “Yes! We’re just having fun.”

I thought about it for a minute, glanced down at my own wardrobe to see how much of an effort it was going to be to swap out clothes cause I also fell in love with this amazing angel wing shirt that some cool guy over in San Marcos designed.

“Okay, I will.”

5 minutes later I walked out of the bathroom/dressing room feeling like I needed to hit the runway and revolutionize every woman’s closet…

“Wow! These are amazing! Are you kidding me? I don’t want to take them off….EVER!!”

“These are like the most rockin pair of mom pants in the whole world!”

“I told you, you’d love them!”

$89.00? I thought to myself.

She saw the connect.

“We have layaway.”

That made me smirk.

“Really? Okay, I’ll think about it.”

And I did.

Every night for the last three weeks I’d layaway, in bed each night and think about how great those pants felt.

But aaaaghh…Natalie, my youngest & shining star of her grade, had also fallen in love with a dress for…$89.00.

As I think about it, I’m going to have to suggest to Lisa that she call her store, “The Thing Is…For $89.00”!

Teasing. She has stuff cheaper than that.

It’s a cool store, check it out.

Still not on that kind of a budget but really, really wanting to give her an end of the school year reward for the awesome girl that she is, I decide that I am going to go back later and get her that dress!

That’s how parents are.

It’s in the bible. They give good gifts to their kids.

They don’t give their children a snake if they ask for a fish.

And she didn’t want a fish…She just wanted a dress.

Mentally counting the cash in my head, I knew I would not be purchasing my very much wanted ophanage mission garb.

But God is good...and gracious and kind to me.

A few days later, Nat and I stopped into the Community Thrift Store to find her costume for Tom Sawyer Days.

There on the summer pants rack, were a perfect pair of olive green capris….almost just like the ones across the street.

Not Your Daughters Jeans, a Target brand I think, but super soft just like the ones I fell in love with.

They were a little baggier in the legs but….$3.00!

I squealed with excitement at God’s provision!!

Thank YOU! Mr. Green Jeans!!

$3.00!!

Thank you very much!!

Way to go God! It’s the simple things.

It really is. I am easily pleased (well, according to most anyway ;) and easily amused.

I also laugh too loudly in public and at totally inappropriate times.

That's my child-likeness, some call it childish.

:P

He gives me joy that’s unspeakable….that’s how I feel lately when I un- expectantly get a free bottle of hairspray, a cup of coffee, car repair service, the vacuum cleaner I’ve been needing, corn on the cob, squash, zucchini, and a long list of other ways that he has provided during this, umm…..transitional time.

I surprised Natalie with her dress and she was super excited to wear it on the plane to Wisconsin to see her dad.

That’s Nat Cat. She travels classy.

On that trip, she apparently caught 68 earthworms with a rigged up ground wire extension cord.

I’m still not sure that’s right, but she reported having a great time with her dad.

Which brings me back to giving good gifts to our children.

God is a good and loving father, who is always faithful, and He knows that I don’t really like snakes but I do love salmon!

And olive green African mission capris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!