Friday, November 4, 2011

Love Shack

"The Love Shack is a little old place where…we can get together...."

There are a lot of people I’d love to get together with.
Actually, I feel the need to just try and hold it together at this point.
It's like I've been running to Tarshish, when I know I’ve been called to go to Ninevah.
The gist of that bible story is going one way, when you are told to go another.
I’ve lived in a permissive will perhaps but certainly not God’s perfect will.
The talents he’s given me I have buried.
Fear of failure and not even knowing how to begin to do what I think I’m supposed to do and not thinking I was legit enough has all held me captive to my hearts’ desires and His call on my life.

I do believe that He will finish the good work that He started in me and His way will come to be.
It’s easy to say I want to write, I want to encourage people through books and songs and tell the stories of all of the amazing things God has done for me, but that doesn’t really put food on the table for three kids.

And so for years, I let logic trump faith.
For a long, long time, I have felt not “good enough” to participate in Kingdom Things.
I shudder at how much time I have wasted.

I left a listing appointment several years ago with great excitement.
“Yayy!! What a great house!”
The owners had basically redone the entire home and, in no way did it resemble the original place that was in much, much needed repair.

“I’m totally gonna to sell this one…it’s absolutely beautiful!” I say to myself.
“It’s a shack.” I immediately hear.
“Get behind me Satan!” I rebut.
“It’s a shack.”
“No. It’s not. It’s a beautiful home with an open plan, ceramic tile floors, rounded corners, 3 fireplaces and a gourmet kitchen!” I argue back.
“It’s a shack.”
Yikes.
I know that voice.
“Oh. My bad. Hello, Lord. I’ll bite. Why is it a shack?”
“You are trying in your own strength to build treasures on this earth. I have a plan and a purpose for you. My ways are higher than your ways."

Grin. Busted.

"You must pray and obey.”
Ugh. He’s always playing the obedience card on me.
Then He spoke to me in my lingo, real estate jargon...and I will never forget it.

He said, “Tina, I am giving you the listing on every mansion I have heaven!! Who ya gonna sell them to?”
Wow.
Gulp.

As a matter of fact, there’s a brand new one that just came on the market.

I mean LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!

It’s a house on a hill, with a strong foundation and the entry road is paved with streets of gold.
The sign says…..stay away fools, cause Love Rules, at the Love Shack.

Yeah it does. And that's why I'm moving in another direction.
Email or call me and I’ll tell ya how to get there :)
It's a One Way road with a home warranty!

Now, who wants to buy a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!