Tuesday, November 15, 2011

God is my Garmin

Sometimes I love getting lost.
Just hitting the open road and venturing out to see new sights helps me get insight.

There are other times when I hate getting lost.

Sometimes, I just want to hurry up and get where I'm going already!
Without making a bunch of wrong turns and hitting potholes every 5 miles.

The word says, "man makes his plans, but God directs his steps."
I've cried out to God repeatedly and said things like, "Please Lord, please, give me direction on what you want me to do and where you want me to go."

One time I heard this curt response, "You keep asking me for direction and what you need is a whole lotta correction."

:)

I love it when people are direct.
I understand direct.
I just don't always follow direct-ions so well.

That's why I've decided that I should probably invest in a Garmin.
I need to know where I'm going.

Wanting to increase my knowledge on the many products available, I began my research.
Yes, I Googled it.

Turns out, there are a lot of different ways that tell you how to get somewhere.

I just need to know The Way.

One of the models I previewed gives you the time, date, coordinates and elevation.
It will accurately display your current location...within 10 feet.
That's good because sometimes I feel like I need a big circle sticker on my head that says,
"You are Here!"

This tiny box will light up with a legible map display, day or night and even give you the cycles of the moon. Beautiful!

I'm a moonchild, that will come in handy because I can get lost at both dark or dawn.

Oh! And it floats...
Hope floats!

I'm not sure why it would need to float, I guess it's portable so you could take it on a boat.
"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip."

Gilligan needed a Garmin!

Jonah needed a Garmin!

"Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord."

Jonah was eventually forced to take the turn-around.

God created each of us for a purpose and he knows which way we should go.

Don't we all want to move in the right direction? Don't we all want to live our lives to be meaningful and "make a difference" oriented?

I do.

Sometimes the road less traveled is very windy.
I have to remember to pay attention to the road signs.

Stop!

Caution.

U-Turn.

Slippery when wet.

Okay, not that one.
But you get my drift.

Jesus said, "Follow me."
"I am the way."

Psalm 119:58 says, "With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws."

Yield!

I've decided that maybe the Garmin Nuvi 255W is the one for me.

The description says it "leads the way with voice-prompted, turn by turn directions and with it's widescreen display....you'll always get the big picture."

I think I'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!