Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dirty Girl Meets Mr. Clean

I woke this morning after some very bizarre dreaming, and looked at the clock to see how much time I had before I had to spring into church mode.
10:54.
Holy Crap!
It's 10:54?
Wow.
In Mayberry, church starts at 10:30.
I decided to let it go.
It's a day of rest after all.
I'll have to get the CD version of the sermon.

Jumping on my YouVersion bible app, I find in Proverbs 30, "I am weary, God. I am weary and worn out. I am too stupid to be human...."

Leave it to Proverbs. That's hilarious. In an edifying way of course. :)

Besides, I have a good excuse. I'm plentiful with the excuses.
On a roll with my writing, I decided last night to celebrate in pure, hedonistic fashion and found myself at 1:00 in the morning taking a bath while eating a Drumstick, thoroughly engrossed in my new guide to life book.
I blame Michael Hyatt.
Or maybe I should blame Andy Andrews, who introduced me to Michael's material.
Isn't that the general gist of "The Boy Who Changed the World?"
It just goes back to the last guy. Ha!

Guilt ridden for missing church, I decide to do something productive and tackle the hideous return air vent that causes me unbelievable amounts of shame on a daily basis.
Much more so even than the inability to clean up my own act.

I had to show the house yesterday and when pointing out the drywall that needs repair, you can't help but notice the absolutely disgusting filth that has gotten into the little grooves.
It's gross.

I've tried to clean it before, but it's like seriously caked on, grime.
Not just dust.
That's what happens when you ignore something dirty.
You don't notice that it keeps collecting more and more grossness.

If I'd have done the daily dusting, or even weekly maintenance, it would wipe right off.
I'm weakly.
Just like my heart and soul issues...the longer I leave it, the harder I have to scrub to get it clean again.
But I'll admit it.
I'm not a very good housekeeper.
It's tidy on most days, but not white glove inspector (or my mother) clean.

It would be a lot easier if I could actually take the whole grate off and then wash it.
I don't know how to get it off though. I've looked at it before.

....and I lack common sense. I have not mastered human wisdom," it goes on to say. Proverbs just tell it like it is.
That's right up there with Forrest Gump and the whole, "stupid is as stupid does," line.

BUT..then I remember,
"If a man lacks wisdom, let him ask the Lord and he'll give it abundantly without finding fault," so I say it in my head while trying not to fall off the chair.
Voila!!
Oh. Wow. That was so much easier than I thought.
Amazing what a little word backing can accomplish.

Easy Off?
I drag it outside with a wash rag, old toothbrush and a bottle of Mr. Clean with Bleach.
Spraying it all down with the super cleaner, I notice that it's coming off quite well.
After a thorough water spigot hose down, it looks so much better.

But then I look closer and hold it up to the light, and I can see that there is still grime on many parts of the louvers and definitely stuff still stuck in the corners.
Ugh. I could just call it good enough, but it's still really quite noticeable when you compare it to the bright white, clean parts.

So I keep scrubbing and washing.
And hear my ex-husband taunting me in my head. "It's not perfect."
Shut up. ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need another Drumstick when I'm done.

As for myself, sure, I can get a holy spirit spray down that looks a lot better than how I started out.
But what I really want is for God to be my housekeeper and continue to come on a daily basis.
Not just once a week, or once a month.

He should probably consider changing the nozzle to stream though.
I need him to be the mighty Mr. Clean that I know he is.
'Cause I am a dirty girl.
So I can be squeaky clean...ish ;)

"Create in me a clean heart, Oh God.....renew a steadfast spirit in me."


The dirt on my air vent looks gray and brown.
In my heart it looks like doubt and disbelief.
Fear and unfaithfulness.

And I am so weary of scrubbing.
Clean every corner my of soul Lord.....especially the really grimey, caked on parts.

Wipe it with a Magic Eraser.
So I really can sparkle in the son.
Deep clean and sanitize.

Okay.
And deodorize.
Bring the deodorizer too.
I'd like to smell fresh and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!