Friday, June 29, 2012

Red Light...Green Light..

Well, just when you think you're moving forward and finally getting somewhere, you get stopped, mid-trip.

Red Light!


My house was supposedly sold and things were going quite nicely, then BAM! the terms started changing faster than I can change lanes on I10. 
One blow after another for two days straight.
And so I have to wonder...

And wait.
Here I am at the proverbial red light.
Stopped.
Waiting.
Again.
For a green light.

I've struggled a lot with the decision to move or not move.
I've not made super great decisions this year and I'm a little decision skiddish.
It's been complicated.
And confusing.

Sometimes it's hard to know if a door has been closed, or if I'm supposed to just push a whole lot harder to get it opened.
I am a slow learner, but I'm starting to think that pushing your way through or running a yellow, caution light is not the way to go. 

So I'm waiting.
Sure, I could take another massive blow to my pocket book and move forward anyway.
I'm just not sure that I should, so I wait, for direction and a more clear path.

And I secretly ache for childhood days of summer fun and folly, when my biggest problem at the end of  June was waiting for friends to get back from family vacations.

Or tearing across the yard and running into the house like a mad man, trying to scrape up enough change to buy a Bomb Pop before the creepy ice cream guy passes by.

Good times.
Let the, life as an adult, summer games, begin.
Yuck.
I'd rather be playing in sprinklers.


When you're a kid and you play Red Light, Green Light, one person stands out in front of everyone else with their back to the crowd, face forward.


This person is the Stop Light, the one who gets to yell, "Green Liiiight!", while everyone runs as fast as they can to touch him.
Whoever touches the light first, wins the game.


That's about how I feel right now.
Like running as fast as I can to touch the source of the light.

Oh God, if I can just even touch the hem of his garment.
Or jean shorts as it was back then.

Much like the woman in Mark who had suffered for 12 years with the issue of blood...(and fully aware that my 'sufferings' are lame compared to what so many go through and endure in this world on a daily basis...)

I know I just need to shut up.
And suck it up.
"If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed," the woman believed.

Immediately, she was!
Jesus realized power had gone out from him and he looked around to see who drew it.
His disciples said, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?' 


But he kept looking and searching to see who had tapped in, and received the healing power.

The frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done.

Jesus said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."

In that very moment, it's like Jesus was happily yelling out, "Green Liiiiiight!!"

"GREEN LIGHT!! GREEN LIGHT!! GREEN LIGHT!!"

"Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light." John 12:36

I think that is such a cool, cool story!
Lots of people were crowding and pushing up against him, but she was reaching and believing by faith...that he really was 'the one' that could help and heal her, after so many other humanly, failed attempts.

I am reaching and believing and chasing him down faster than the ice cream man.
Of course I am also secretly hoping he has a truck full of Bomb Pops when I get there


******

When you're done chasing after Dreamsicles and Drumsticks, check out The God Chasers by Tommy Tenney. This book will super spark your faith, just in time for the Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get a conversation going...Share your thoughts here..I'd love to hear them!